Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Introducing Charlie!!

Well he was not planned but we are still very happy to have him in our family ;).

This is my new puppy Charlie!!


He is so sweet.

My husband works overnight some nights as a security guard. He found this little guy wondering around at five in the morning. The poor thing was so dirty and hungry. 
So he called me up (at 5am) and asked what I was doing..... Oh ya know, just hunting elephants. Oh wait no I was sleeping! Yeah that's it.....
But he told me we had a new puppy so I went and picked him up. After two baths, two hours of brushing, and several dozen ticks later, this is the beauty we ended up with. 

I am shocked at how well trained he already was. He has not gone potty in the house even once!! He just stands at the back door when he needs to go until we go open it. He doesn't jump up on us or lick us in the face (unless you say 'kisses') and I have only heard him bark once. He understands 'no' and is already starting to respond to his name. I am impressed! 

All the good behavior made me think he was someone's lost puppy. So we have been looking for his owner. But I don't think we are going to find them. He was clearly on his own for a long time. And with no collar, I am inclined to think that he was someone's but he was intentionally abandoned. Their loss!! 

I am not very familiar with dog breeds. What do you think he is??

No comments: