Monday, June 4, 2012

Barbie Cake

My cousin's little girl just had her first birthday!! The theme was rubber duckies, so of course I made a rubber ducky cake (pictures to come). But there is a tradition in my family. One that has stood the test of time for three generations!! My Grandma has made a Barbie Doll cake for every daughter, granddaughter, and great-granddaughter's first birthday (there aren't many boys in our family, not sure what we will do when we have those). Well for the past few weeks my Grandpa has been in and out of the hospital, so she asked me to make the Barbie cake!! Umm.... YES! I love tradition. And I love that I get to pick up this one and continue it for the next three generations.


So here it is!!



I used a Pampered Chef glass measuring bowl to bake the cake. The dress still wasn't quite tall enough (although it was the perfect shape) so I baked an 8" round for the bottom. Perfect =)





I didn't spent too much time decorating this one, because the best part of the tradition is that the guest of honor gets this cake all to herself in her highchair. I didn't get any pictures of her after she had really dug into it and made a mess (I was cutting the other cake) but I will try to get some from others and post them too.




I think it is safe to say she liked it. I think big sister may have been a bit jealous too. =)

No comments: