Monday, June 4, 2012

Rubber Ducky Cake

Here are the pictures of the rubber ducky cake. I was so pleased with how it turned out. Everything is edible except the duck. The bottom is a very rich devil's food cake with chocolate ganache filling and frosting (yum!). I was super nervous about how it would taste since I have never made ganache before. It turned out great but I think I learned a few tricks to make it better next time.








I think one of the kids started poking and picking at the "1" and the pink circle. But it held up alright.




The tub was a white cake. I colored half of the batter blue and then swirled it together to look like a bubble bath the whole way through. I thought it looked really cute!



The original plan was to use blue fondant for the water and bubbles too, but once I dirty iced the cake with the blue frosting I realized it looked so much more like water. The bubbles turned out better with frosting too.







I learned a lot while making this. For instance, the cake I used as a base was not sturdy enough to have such a heavy cake on top of it. You can't see it much in the picture but it made the cake very lopsided. But it still turned out great and my next one will just be even better for it!

I also made a blue punch with pineapple sherbert and floated some duckies in it too. I didn't get any pictures of that though, there were always people in line for it!! It tasted so good! 


Hope you like it! If you have any tips or comments I would love to hear them!



No comments: