Thursday, May 10, 2012

Decorah Eagles

This has to be one of the coolest things ever. The Raptor Resource Project has placed a camera in an eagles nest to observe the laying, hatching, and raising of three eaglets.


http://www.decoraheaglecamalerts.com/ie.htm


It is such a beautiful thing to watch. It inspires awe and wonder at the creation of our God. These animals instinctively know how to care for their young. No one had to show them. They didn't go to parenting classes. They just know. This knowledge was given to them by their Creator.



So often we question God. We ask why He would let bad things happen to good and innocent people. We ask why He has planned the course of our lives so differently than we would have planned for ourselves. I know I have. I am a planner to a fault. I am quite content to plan every penny of my money and every  minute of my day. And when my plans go awry, what do I do? Make yet another plan.

In the book of Job chapter 38, God asks Job,

2 "Who do you think you are to disagree with my plans?
You do not know what you are talking about.
3 Get ready to stand up for yourself.
I will ask you some questions.
Then I want you to answer me.
4 "Where were you when I laid the earth's foundation?
Tell me, if you know.

He continues into chapter 39.....

39:27
 Do you command eagles to fly so high?
They build their nests as high as they can.


These two chapters are a beautiful proclamation of God's sovereignty. Declaring that He alone understands how everything works together according to His divine plan.



I wasn't there when the foundations of the earth were laid. I can't hold the great expanse of the universe in the palm of my hand. But I do know who can. He commands these eagles to fly so high, to build their nests as high as they can. He has created them to know how to take care of their young. He has designed them to work together with the rest of His creation. And my best made plans couldn't even compare to what He has designed for my life.



Proverbs 16:9
In your heart you plan your life. But the Lord decides where your steps will take you.

No comments: